Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Night Before



It’s 10 p.m. the night before. 


Tomorrow morning, I will get up at 6 a.m. to do a last checking of my suitcase and my backpack before heading out the door of my house and leaving all that’s familiar to go to SFO and take a Southern China flight to Bangkok, Thailand via Wuhan, China.


Okay, I’m not really leaving all that’s familiar as I’m going with a longtime friend, Indira, to visit her daughter (who is also my friend) who lives there. From Bangkok we board a smaller plane north to Chiang Mai, where Martha will be waiting to meet us.


Lots of butterflies in the tummy. I’m brought back to the words of God to Joshua:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)


I can do this! I can be strong and of good courage! I will not be afraid or dismayed! I do not go alone either physically or spiritually!



I actually am thrilled to have this opportunity to go. Martha has planned a wonderful three weeks for us. We had our family Christmas celebration this past Sunday and our staff gathering at work today. I’ve downloaded plenty of Christmas music. I’ve added international texting to my phone plan. I’m ready!



I’m shaking in my flip flops.



Ten years ago I went to Europe….but with Jeshua, a tour group, guides, and interpreters. Then three weeks in England, Ireland and Scotland (where they spoke English-well kind of ☺) with my friend and co-worker, Leslie. It was a wonderful experience. Still makes me smile to think about it.



I think I’m getting a cold.



And I’m avoiding going to bed. It’s a half hour closer to 6 a.m.



p.s. See Bangkok kind of in the center…then north and a bit west to Chiang Mai…and we’ll be going to Mae Hong Son also…a little farther north and west. 
(http://www.kohjumresort.com/map_thai.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment