Monday, December 26, 2016

Back to the Elephants for a Moment

The folks that run the Elephant Park that we went to post the photos they take of your group as you are there with the elephants. Then you can download the ones of you that you like. Martha and I were both noting that it is fun that we are both taking picture of the same experiences since I post the ones I take that include her, Indira and Tee and she posts some of me.

So this post could really be titled "Pam and the Elephants!" Enjoy!
Image may contain: text
 Getting Acquainted.
 Indira successfully feeding via the elephant's mouth. They were quick to grab with their trunks if they could get away with it!
 Getting an elephant to pose is quite the task!
 Another effort at posing!
 This is the pregnant one. Really fun to feel the amniotic fluid and palpate around, even thought we couldn't feel the baby through the tough hide. Mama-to-be seemed to enjoy it. 
 They are so massive, yet very gentle.
 Did you know elephant's tails are flat on the end? I got a little help up the hill...
 ...until she gave me a little dirt bath blown over her back. She was done pulling me along!
Baby like the colors of my jumper and would come nuzzle.
 It was really cool to just hang out with them. Just like folks, they would interact a while and then wander off a bit. 
Our little tour group: Martha, the couple from Brazil, me, Indira, the woman from Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment