Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Lapsed Blogger

July 12, 2014

Well, after a whole year of not blogging due to whatever happened with Xanga, I believe I've come back to the blogging world...not so much for any of you who read this, but for myself.  I like the discipline of journaling (and sometimes reflecting) and being able to do it digitally and add pictures makes it a fun activity for me. I do like being able to share my west coast life with my east coast (and other) family and friends who are interested. I hope that the fact that it took a year to get myself switched over and going again is not indicative of my ability, inability, openness or unwillingness to adapt to change (but it may say more about me than I wish)!

My last Xanga post was June 27, 2013 as I was celebrating my upcoming 60th birthday in Illinois at the Moonshine Cafe, and today finds me in the same location (visiting Jeshua & Sara, Abby and Caleb). Today we went to Villa's Country Store, a local Amish store that sells a combination of bulk foods, baked & canned goods, deli counter, bulk frozen fruit and meat, general groceries, some garden produce and an assortment of salvage foods and other items. Fun to visit...it is the one place in my current travel circles that I can get sweet Lebanon bologna--a Pennsylvania Dutch taste explosion memory of my childhood. 

On the way back home to Hutsonville, we drove down the lane of a farm with a "Blueberries for Sale" sign. Two little Amish children came to meet us--maybe 5 & 7. I asked if there were blueberries for sale. The little girl stopped running toward us, tilted her head a bit (obviously processing my question), took a big breath and asked, "Do you want to pick them yourselves or put in an order?" About that time I saw Dad standing in the door of the shop watching her take care of us. Very sweet! We said, "Yes, we would like to pick!" and he set us up with buckets and an over the shoulder rope and hook and off we went.






Jeshua is currently making a blueberry sauce and Sara is planning blueberry-lemon muffins for supper. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment